Introducing Blogging to Myself

An introduction to blogs carries a vast amount of information and details.  Until this assignment, I have never really been into reading blogs. It was very interesting to read through personal and professional blogs.  The information that you gain from reading both types of blogs helps out in different situations.  They provide details for travel, what's trending and even the newest releases in music or movies.  

I enjoyed reading personal blogs because most of the writers put you in their feet and make you feel as if you are experiencing what they are discussing.   An example of a blog I like can be found at https://www.theblondeabroad.com/.  If not that, then it makes you want to experience what they are explaining.  Personal bloggers discuss trials by themselves or with family like travelling or being a first time solo hiker.  Reading personal blogs makes me feel the experience through their writing.  They discuss details that I wouldn't think about doing myself,  but after reading their blogs, I am tempted to try it myself.  I really like personal blogs because the bloggers share their personal life experiences.

I didn't really care for professional blogs like the entertainment categories.  I feel like it's a way to make me try and like the newest song or movie although I have no interest in it.  An example of this type of blog is https://theathletic.com/.  The purpose of this blog is to entertain people that are specifically into sports.  It contains a lot of advertisements which of course promote the products, but sometimes it's just too much.  I think that they need to be toned down.  I feel that they can convey the message without overdoing it.  I really don't care for certain professional blogs as they are more geared to enticing me to go with or try their new product although it may not even be my taste or interest.

One day, I may really start my own personal blog.  I see that personal and professional blogs have sponsors and bloggers who get paid for blogging and including business advertisements.  I personally wouldn't do it for the money, but just a way to stay connected with extended family that I don't have a chance of keeping in touch with.  Don't get me wrong, getting paid to write your thoughts, ideas, opinions and more is great.  I learned a lot between the differences of personal and professional blogs.  Personal blogs are focused on the life of the blogger while professional blogs are focused on specific points like music, sports, news, stocks and more.  I have included two of my personal travel images in relation to enjoying the personal travel blog.




Comments

  1. I really love your style of writing and how close and personal you are able to get with your readers while also maintaining a professional tone of voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog reached me personally because, like you, I also like to travel and have made sort of a travel blog in the past. I agree with your opinion on the sports blog because that kind of thing doesn't really make me interested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment