Entry #10. Concert Ticket Prices



Concerts are awesome events.  The joy and excitement rise within people as the days come closer to seeing their favorite artists perform live.  People go shopping for outfits to wear to the event.  Females get their hair and nails done as well.  The question is, have you ever thought about how much people spend to attend concerts?

The price for concert tickets have gotten ridiculously high.  Just looking at the artist Drake's concert ticket prices made my stomach hurt.  Drake's concert tickets are about the same as paying for your mortgage or making two to three car payments.  Taylor Swift's tickets are pricey as well.  I have nothing against them, it's just that I can't see myself paying such a high price.

If you add up the ticket price, the salon, an outfit, and parking, the total is really scary to look at.  Parking  is normally in the range of $20-$25, but can go up to $50 if you park closer to the venue.  The ticket price gets even higher if you want a closer seat on the floor.  Even the nosebleed seats are pretty hefty for certain artist concerts.  Some people, usually the younger crowd save every penny to buy a ticket for a concert that they want to attend.  The next time you think about buying a concert ticket, you may want to consider the overall costs that are involved as we normally don't realize it until afterwards.  Some may say it's worth the money, but some may reconsider their next concert ticket purchase.

Comments

  1. This is quite surprising! I didn't know tickets have gotten so expensive! The last concert I've went to was back in the early 2000s and I remember they weren't that bad to get, glad to know I won't be attending concerts anytime soon, thank you for a helpful and informative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lyna,
    Yes! 10x Yes! As a parent, I now double think if I should really empty my pockets for a concert. I do, yes, here and there, but I am always thinking what I can spend this money on. It is really that much, just how you describe it. Amazing topic to choose to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see all 4 entries for the last GP, Lyna. Pretty good new ideas and topics and writing flow. Good visuals. Keep digging into analysis and significance, and keep working on visual engagement and layout. Maybe keep blogging?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment